Contest on Academic Positions (04.08.2021)
East-West Teaching University Ltd announces an open competition for the following academic positions for the University’s School of Medicine, from August 4, 2021:
- Professor in the field of Surgery – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Cardiac Surgery - 1 staff member
- Associate Professor Cardiology/Pharmacology – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor in Physiology – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Pathology – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Traumatology/Orthopedics – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Surgery – 1 staff member
- Associate Professor of Physiology – 1 staff member
- Assistant Professor of Endocrinology – 1 staff member
Terms of the Contest:
The competition must comply with the principles of transparency, equality, and fair competition.
The competition is open to a person with a relevant academic degree, namely:
To hold the position of Professor or Associate Professor, a candidate must have the academic degree of Candidate of Science or Doctor of Science. It is not mandatory to hold a professional position.
To participate in the competition, the candidate must submit:
- Application form (completed) available at the University website eastwest.edu.ge;
- Copy of ID card
- 4 photos 3x4
- Higher Education Certificate
- Copy of the documents certifying the academic or equivalent degree of the relevant scientific or doctoral degree; (In case of an academic degree obtained abroad, the candidate must submit a document certifying the recognition of education received abroad issued by the National Center for Education Quality Development);
- One scientific paper which, in the opinion of the candidate, best demonstrates his / her research ability.
- The documents referred to in paragraphs e) and f) are not mandatory for holding a position on a professional basis;
- Course syllabus delivered by the candidate
- Certificate of scientific-pedagogical experience (in order to become a professor, it is necessary to have at least six years of scientific-pedagogical experience, and to hold the position of associate professor, it is necessary to have at least three years of scientific-pedagogical experience;
- Documents certifying at least 5 years of practical experience in the field and documents certifying special training (in trainings, conferences, seminars, etc.) must be submitted for a professional position.
- Document certifying the existence of experience in reading lectures in English;
- State certificates in permitted clinical specialties - in accordance with the competition position;
The personal data of the candidates will be evaluated by a competition commission set up by the university administration. The following key criteria should be considered when making a decision:
- Ability to teach courses in the relevant specialty based on the modern requirements of science;
- Experience of pedagogical activity;
- Number and quality of scientific publications (especially during the last ten years).
Applications will be accepted by the University’s the Human Resources Management Department at the following address: Tbilisi, Vakhtang Gorgasali Street # 9, from September 4, 2021 to September 9, inclusive.
The results of the competition will be announced on September 16, 2021 on the university website: eastwest.edu.ge
Documents must also be submitted electronically, on DVD.
Contest papers will not be returned to the contestants.
The competition will be held in three stages (study by the competition commission of the contestants, initial evaluation, interview with the contestants selected as a result of the documentation and conciliation - decision making).